"Most Likely to Succeed" Resources for ISF Academy Families
Personalized Learning: What Do Research Say? By Benjamin Herold, Education Week
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/16/style/snowplow-parenting-scandal.html By New York Times
The Fourth Industrial Revolution: what it means, how to respond by Klaus Schwab, Founder & Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum (January 14, 2016)
- Also watch the video!
The 10 skills you need to thrive in the Fourth Industrial Revolution by Alex Gray and published by the World Economic Forum (January 19, 2016)
- Check out the 2015-20 table
“The Future of Jobs Report 2018” by World Economic Forum (September 17, 2018)
- Why was an update in not even 3 years deemed necessary by WEF?
Humans Wanted: How Canadian youth can thrive in the age of disruption published by Royal Bank of Canada (updated July 3, 2018)
MIT Best of Blogs by Ben Jones, the “Blogfather”
Do Schools Kill Creativity?- TED Talk by Sir Ken Robinson (2006; Playtime 19:22)
- An entertaining and profoundly moving case for creating an education system that nurtures (rather than undermines) creativity.
Creative Schools: The Grassroots Revolution That’s Transforming Education by Sir Ken Robinson & Lou Aronica (April 19, 2016)
- At a time when standardizedtesting businesses are raking in huge profits, when many schools are struggling, and students and educators everywhere are suffering under the strain, Robinson points the way forward. He argues for an end to our outmoded industrial educational system and proposes a highly personalized, organic approach that draws on today’s unprecedented technological and professional resources to engage all students, develop their love of learning, and enable them to face the real challenges of the twenty-first century.
You, Your Child, and School: Navigate Your Way to the Best Education by Sir Ken Robinson & Lou Aronica (March 13, 2018)
- Parents everywhere are deeply concerned about the education of their children, especially now, when education has become a minefield of politics and controversy.Robinson offers clear principles and practical advice on how to support your child through the K-12 education system, or outside it if you choose to homeschool or un-school. Dispelling many myths and tackling critical schooling options and controversies, this book would help parents to learn about the kind of education their children really need and what they can do to make sure they get it.