The ISFPTA Community Services Team is hosting the Qilin’s Tales Competition 2020 again! This year the competition will focus on Grade 4 students. Grade 4 students will be working on the Qilin's Tales at 5-Dimension class on 28 February, they can carry on with their creation at home and submit their works to the Primary Library by 24th April, 2020 (Friday).
The aim of this competition is to:
- Arouse our G4 students’ awareness of other children their age, living in very different communities overseas.
- Tap into the valuable resources of our G4 student's creative minds, on drawing and narrative writing.
- Provide simple reading materials for overseas children who have little access to reading
- Create a joint services activity between the Primary students and Secondary students
If you are a Grade 4 stduent, and is interested in narrative writing and drawing, COME MAKE YOUR OWN QILIN'S TALES.
The Secondary CCA students, Right to Act group, will take copies of the winning entries during ELP trips, and distribue to local schools in countries such as Thailand, Camnodia, Laos and Vietnam. These Qilin's Tales booklets that you design, will provide some interesting and fun educatinal materials for local children.
- Grade 4 Students
- Students can submit individual works
- Students are also encouraged to work in groups
Topics for the Qilin Tales
Participantd can select from one of the recommended narrative topics
1, Design on any A3 paper folded into 8 sections (see attached image)
1, Fold an A3 size paper into 8 parts and cut a slot as shown
2, Fold the paper up
3, It now becomes an 8-page booklet, ready for design
2, Your favourite drawing pens and colouring tools.
3, You can use your own A3 paper from home; or you can ask the Primary Librarian for the A3 paper.
- Convey a teaching message of the selected topic
- Easy and interesting to read
- Attractive appearance
- Ms Jenna Mckee
- Mr Simon Joyce
- Ms Robyn O’Shea
Please include on each submission:
- Student's Name
- Student's Class
- Student’s ID
Submission of Entries
- Deadline of Submission: 24 Apr, 2020 (Friday)
- A Submission Box will be placed in the Primary Library from 8 March till 24 April 2020
- Announcement will be made in early May.
- There will be a presentation of certificates at the Assembly
- The winning entries will be duplicated. The secondary students will bring the duplicated copies along to their ELP trips, and distribute to the Southeast Asian children, who love reading like you.
If you have any queries about the Qilin's Tales Competition 2020, please feel free to send email at firstname.lastname@example.org