- Published: Thursday, 21 February 2019 15:57
BACKGROUND OF THE COMPETITION
The PTA Community Services Team is hosting a Primary Booklet Design Competition. The aim of this competition is to:
- Arouse our primary students’ awareness to kids of their age, living overseas, in a different environment.
- Tap into the valuable resources at our Primary, the creative minds, on drawing and writing.
- Provide simple reading materials to overseas kids with less access to prints.
- A joint services activities between the Primary students and Secondary students
The primary kids are invited to design on a folded A3 paper. They can choose from 4 topics and who their target readers to be. The Secondary CCA students, Right to Act group, who visit various places in South East Asia during their ELP trips, will bring along copies of the winning entries, to sent over to the locals kids during their ELP trips. The countries that will be visited includes, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. These booklets will be very good educational materials for these overseas kids.
- All ISF Primary Students, From FY to G5
- Students can submit individual works
- Students are also encouraged to work in groups
ENTRY CATEGORIES (Target Readers of your Booklet)
- Category 1: Kindergarten readers;
- Category 2: Grade 1-3 readers;
- Category 3: Grade 4-6 readers
TOPICS OF THE BOOKLETS
After picking the Categories, each entry can select from one of the following topics for the theme
- Personal Hygiene
- Plastic wastes
- English as the primary language on the booklet;
- Student can choose to include translation of one of the following languages in the booklet:
- Lao, or
1, Design on any A3 paper folded into 8 sections (see attached image)
1 Fold an A3 size paper into 8 parts
and cut a slot as shown
|2 Fold the paper up|| |
3 It now becomes an 8-page booklet,
ready for design
2, Your favourite drawing pens and colouring tools.
3, Students can use their own A3 paper from home; There will be a designated box with folded A3 paper at the Library, interested student can pick up the A3 paper there too.
- Convey the message of the selected topic;
- Easy to read;
- Ms Jeena Mckee,
- Ms Monica Lo,
- Mr Simon Joyce,
- Ms Robyn O’Shea.
Please include on each submission:
- Students’ Name
- Students’ Class
- Students’ email address
- Parent’s email address
- The category entered
SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
- Deadline of Submission: 26 Apr, 2019 (Friday)
- A Submission Box will be placed in the Primary Office from 1 Mar till 26 Apr
- Announcement will be made in mid May.
- There will be a presentation of certificates during Assembly
- The winning entries will be duplicated. The secondary students will bring the duplicated copies along and distribute to the children during their ELP trip.
If you have any queries about the Primary Booklet Design Competition, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org